Search Me

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Flea Market Find of the Year

I was reading Sophie Isobel @ Her Library Adventures and as part of Blogtoberfest, she is hosting a competition for everyone's favourite finds of the year with people able to vote for their favourite second hand discovery.

Here is my favourite find of the year.

Look past my bad photography and the shadows overhanging my jacket.


Look at the shape of the jacket, the Shepherd check fabric, the pointy collar, the detailing of the sleeves and the big black buttons.


And the pleat up the back, with deep side pockets on both side seams.


And the rustle of the acetate full black lining.

I bought this for $15 (half price end of winter sale!) at Padstow Baptist Community Centre Shop just before my 20th School Reunion and wore it over a short sleeved black shirt and an a-line black skirt and I felt a million dollars.

I'd seen it the week before and hesitated and next time I went into the shop it was gone. And I asked my friend Ede who works at the shop whether it had sold and she brought it out and I was so relieved. It was meant to be. There are no brand labels on it, though it is 20% wool.

Now to the voting.

To vote just email Sophie at sophieisobeldesigns@hotmail.com with the blog name of your favourite find.

Too easy! You can only vote once so be sure to check out everyone's blogs before making your decision.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 comments:

  1. A lovely coat, that fits - what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shape & the detailing on the sleeves..very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think those shadows actually make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that coat. It looks so warm and toasty. Love the cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that coat is beautiful ... and so elegant. i'd feel a million dollars in it too.
    ps. thanks for the comment on my find.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I can see why you would feel great in that coat - it is a beauty. It was obviously meant to be yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny! My find of the year is a coat too! Yours is truly scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, stylish and classic, it shows why this is your top pick. Loving your blog! Hope you have a lovely week, Oooo and a huge thanks for visiting. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY nice. It sure is a classic!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty find! Great classic and interesting details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such relief when it hadn't sold i bet !
    and to have it complete your outfit :) lovely..

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments no longer welcome.